A luxury rug is not just decoration, not only an addition to your building. It is a testimonial in taste and character that expresses who you are. Therefore JoV takes your rug very personal, shaping all your wishes into an exclusive and unique piece that is 100% quality. That is 100% you.
The story of your JoV rug begins in nature, where we only pick the finest raw materials: wool. silk, linen, mohair, cotton... Their unique qualities - down to the tiniest part - will give each rug its strong, pure and beautiful heart.
And with the same respect for quality and detail we listen to all your wishes and desires. Together we open a world of possibilities to find your perfect match in material, color, design, shape... Being part of each production step, JoV presents an unrivalled flexibility - all the way from timing to delivery - to create an exclusive luxury rug that will complement you.
All our handmade rugs are made with passion and care, to guarantee the quality and a good maintenance of your rug, please read following points of attention:
DELIVERY COMPLAINTS AND OTHER CLAIMS
- After production all of our quality rugs undergo a strict quality control.
- Should you still find a cause for complaint, please contact your dealer and do not put the rug into use.
- Your claim will be handled with the utmost care and speed.
- Direct visible defects at delivery (ex. damaged packaging) need to be marked on the document being forwarded.
- Indirect visible defects should be reported within 10 days after delivery.
- Artisan work is not an exact science, slight varieties may occur.
- Due to the properties of natural yarns there is a possibility of slight differences in color and/or shape.
- Indemnity regarding slight differences in color and/or shape are not allowed.
- Short fibers and excess of wool particles can flake of the rug, this is inherent to natural yarns.
- Fine yarns could come out of the rug, due to their fineness they might have escaped the binding.
- Optical effects (shadow areas - shading) are a natural result of the rug structure and are therefore excluded from any claim.
Damage due to external influences and/or pets is excluded from any claim.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING ADVICE
When receiving your JoV rug
- Do not leave your rug rolled up (packed) for longer than a week after receipt.
- Remove packaging.
- Always keep the rug roll in horizontal position.
- After unrolling, let the natural yarns acclimate.
- Do not vacuum the rug too often or aggressive during the first 2 weeks.
- It is best to remove spills immediately.
- Use a knife or a spoon to remove excess spillage - always work from the outer edge of the spill towards the centre.
- Use a white clean rag to wipe the stain dry
- Dab with cold (sparkling)water or a small amount of benzine.
- Wipe the stain dry with a clean cloth - always work from the outer edge of the spill towards the centre.
- If necessary, repeat these two previous steps.
- Let the stain dry completely before repeating the cleaning.
- After cleaning do not walk on the stain area for at least 24 hours.
- Never use soaps or detergents.
- The best way to maintain your JoV rug is to vacuum it regularly.
- Vacuuming in all directions is the best way to clean the dense piles thoroughly and to air the yarns to raise back up again.
- We strongly advise vacuum cleaners with a rotating brush element in order to guarantee the best result for your JoV rug, this element is available for each brand of vacuum cleaners.
This prevents the formation of lines and/or gangways.
If lines and/or gangways would appear, it is important to comb the laying yarns back up again using a comb or a fork.
We strongly recommend this for rugs made with extra fine yarns such as mohair, as well as for lazy yarns such as cotton, lyocell and linen.
For further advise, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Dry environments can provoke ‘pilling’. Therefore is a humidity of 50 to 70% advised.
- we only recommend dry cleaning.
- we strongly advise to contact a professional cleaning company.
The media room offers high resolution imagery, press releases (PDF) and other additional material on projects of or related to JoV.
Please mail your company coordinates to email@example.com to request username and password.